For help, see our advice on Revision strategies and memory techniques.
Exam preparation checklist
The night before:
- Check out the right time and place for the exam.
- Check there is the equipment you need – pens, pencils, calculator, water etc
- Decide what to wear. Wear layers just in case the exam room is hot or cold.
- Make certain you have your Student ID card!
- Set an alarm which means you have enough time in the morning.
- Eat well and get enough sleep if you can.
At the time:
- Eat a breakfast that is good.
- Check you’ve got all that’s necessary for the exam before leaving home.
- Get to the exam room in fun time.
- Find some fresh air on just how if at all possible.
- Turn your phone off and place it in your bag as instructed because of the invigilator.
- Take water to your exam room.
Into the exam room:
- Check again that you have all you need. When you have forgotten something important, inform the invigilator. Continue reading “The simplest way to do well in exams would be to make certain you are well prepared and now have done your revision.”